The NSF Spatiotemporal Innovation Center (STC) located at George Mason University, Fairfax campus is looking for two undergraduate research assistants to serve as NSF REU Fellows in 2015.
This opportunity is supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF) Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Program which enables undergraduate students to obtain research experience and consider a career path in relevant domains. NSF REU Student Interns will work in a team with graduate students, postdocs, and faculty at the main campus of George Mason University and will conduct research related to geospatial data and GIScience. NSF fellows may be able to attend a professional conference to present working results.
- Applicants must be undergraduate students.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident status is required.
- Applicants should be able to work as NSF fellows for 14 weeks (around September 2015 – December 2015) at George Mason University in Fairfax, VA. Starting date is flexible.
- NSF REU fellows will receive funding for a stipend of $300 per week with travel to a conference covered.
- Applications from underrepresented groups are encouraged.
A complete application includes:
- A CV
- One page double spaced statement of interest.
- Contacts (email and phone #) of two referees.
Application Deadline: Monday 9/14/2015.
Submit your application at: http://stcenter.net/stc/REU2015Application
For more information about the NSF REU Fellow Opportunity visit our web site: http://www.stcenter.net or contact Dr. Min Sun (email@example.com) or Dr. Sven Fuhrmann (firstname.lastname@example.org).